What am I searching?
Manuscripts and Archives at Oxford University searches descriptions of manuscripts and archives held at the Bodleian Libraries and some Oxford colleges, from across 11 online catalogues:
- Archives and post-1500 manuscripts from Bodleian Archives and Manuscripts.
- Medieval manuscripts from Medieval Manuscripts in Oxford Libraries.
- South Asian, Inner Asian and Middle Eastern manuscripts from six manuscript catalogues.
- Hebrew manuscripts from Hebrew Manuscripts at the Bodleian Libraries.
- Charters, deeds and seals from Charters at the Bodleian Libraries.
What can't I search?
Manuscripts and Archives at Oxford University does not cover all material held at the Bodleian Libraries and Oxford college libraries and archives.
- Print holdings and electronic resources, including modern printed books, antiquarian printed books, periodicals, maps, journals, ephemera, ebooks and e-journals can be searched via SOLO (Search Oxford Libraries Online).
- Manuscripts of East and South-East Asia are not yet catalogued online. Guidance on using these collections can be found in the Asian and Middle Eastern special collections research guide.
- Some colleges maintain their own online manuscript and archive catalogues.